Alabama State University, Intercollegiate Athletics/Men’s Basketball, invites applications to fill the position of Director of Player Development. This position will hold responsibility for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Basketball program to include recruiting, team travel, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking engagements, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee academic and personal well-being for student-athletes
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes
- Assist with budgeting, reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for the sports program
- Serve as the key liaison to the broader (University) community, engaging in alumni, fundraising, and other key stakeholder activities
- Organize community service events for the team
- Hold responsibility for assisting in all phases of the Division I intercollegiate basketball program
- Create and implement individual development plans to ensure student-athletes’ needs are addressed and met as they relate to academics and/or personal goals.
- In conjunction with sports performance and sports medicine staff, develop and monitor the conditioning and training program to enhance individual and team potential.
- In collaboration with academic services, guide and promote the academic success of student-athletes, providing a positive atmosphere conducive to the social and academic growth of the student-athlete.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree form an accredited college or university, previous experience coaching or playing at the collegiate level or working in an athletic department setting required.